Chicken Enchiladas are one of my favorite Mexican foods. This is an easy recipe and it’s quick to make.
- 2 – (10 oz) cans Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 – (16 oz) can Refried Beans
- 1 – (7 oz) can Green Chiles (Chopped and Peeled)
- 1/2 – cup onion, diced
- 1/2 – cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 – cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 – cups Shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- 8 – 8″ Flour or Corn Tortillas
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
Spread 1/2 can of sauce on the bottom of 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, sauté diced onions and peppers for 10 minutes,
Remove from heat.
In a bowl, combine cooked chicken, 1 can of enchilada sauce, onions, peppers and 1 cup of cheese.
Warm a few tortillas in the microwave to make them easier to roll up.
Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture, roll up and place in baking dish seam down.
Top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake 30-35 minutes until cheese and sauce are bubbly.
Garnish with shredded lettuce, tomato, sour cream and guacamole.